About the Role
• Anchor weekend newscasts
• Take a leadership role in the broadcasts by planning, participating in content creation and helping organize available news crews
• Contribute content and stories 3-4 days a week as a general assignment multi-skilled journalist
• Establish sources, utilize social listening skills, cover breaking news, and pitch unique enterprise ideas
• Write and post daily on all digital platforms
• Fill-in on the anchor desk for other shows and during special coverage
• Participate in community partnerships and events as well as promotional appearances as requested
• Minimum 1-3 years of previous reporting, anchoring or fill-in anchoring required
• Must be able to write conversationally and deliver news in an engaging, exciting and accurate manner
• Possess strong social media skills
• Collaborate with a team to produce the most creative, compelling stories
• Develop contacts and relationships in the community, community events
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
12News, the NBC/ABC affiliate in Southeast Texas, is looking for an engaging and innovative journalist to join our team as a weekend evening anchor and general assignment multi-skilled journalist. We are seeking a dynamic personality, passionate storyteller and team player, who knows how to connect with the community on all platforms.
Our ideal candidate understands this role is much more than reading a prompter, it is about authenticity, relating with the audience, and guiding our communities with context around the news.
We want a digitally savvy team member that can reach our audience on all platforms. In this role, you'll be responsible for solo anchoring and producing our weekend evening newscasts.
You will be expected to take a leadership role in the broadcasts, assisting with the show's execution and writing. You will also report for our 10 pm broadcasts, 3 days a week as a general assignment multi-skilled journalist. Your reporting will require establishing sources, breaking news, and pitching unique enterprising ideas.
Fill-in anchoring on other shows and during station special coverage is also part of your responsibilities. You will be expected to establish and maintain social media accounts and grow them with guidance from our digital team.
About the Company
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.